Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Debbie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and posting! It's so nice to see another gluten-free person from the Cumberland County area.
I must apologize. I have been a very bad blogger and hope to contribute more to this blog in the future. So, here goes...
Food Lion has significantly increased its gluten-free offerings, at least in the stores I've been to at at Skibo Road, Fayetteville and Westwood Shopping Center.
I can now find gluten-free cereal, pizza, soy sauce, frozen dinners, doughnuts, soups, cookies, cake mixes and more for a reasonable price. Still holding out for some gluten-free beer. Harris Teeter carries Redbridge (a nice dark brew) for about $8 a six-pack. Harris Teeter also carries more gluten-free items as well as Wal-mart.
By the way, I almost cried when I found the gluten-free soy and teriyaki sauce!
I am not much of a cook but I have discovered crock pot cooking. Throwing vegetables and meats together with some gluten free spices and sauces is rather easy and so tasty, my glutened partner will eat it too!
A Year of Slow Cooking at http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ has tons of recipes with gluten-free substitutes.
I too would love to join a group in the Cumberland County area just so we can talk about all the different challenges we go through living with Celiac Disease or gluten-intolerance. Thanks for letting me post!

Michelle

No comments: